How to get a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for Filipinos

How to get a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate for Filipinos

UPDATE!!! (May 17, 2017)

VISA Free Entry to Taiwan is rescheduled to September, 2017 instead of the earlier announced date of June 1, 2017. No specific confirmation on the actual date yet on September so let’s wait for that and stay tuned for updates. For more info about this news click here

In the meantime, you still have to get an e-visa or a travel authorization certificate while we await for the final date and confirmation of visa free entry. Click here for more info on ROC’s press release re easing of visa rules.

Last year (2016), the government of Taiwan did an awesome move by allowing VISA free entry to eligible citizens from India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and the Philippines. But of course, it’s not entirely free for all. There are certain requirements to be met in order to enter Taiwan VISA free. One must need a Travel Authorization Certificate. If you don’t meet the requirements for this certificate, then you need to get a VISA from the Taiwan embassy. Continue reading to check the requirements and steps on how to get one.

Read: Taiwan DIY Budget Travel Guide 2D2N

The Requirements

These are the requirements for a VISA free entry to Taiwan for Philippine passport holders. I copy-pasted the requirements below from this site.

UPDATE: July 7, 2017 (Updated the requirements)

Basic requirements: to be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the following three conditions must be met:

  1. The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
  2. The applicant must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket.
  3. The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.

Additional requirements: one of the following conditions must also be met:

  1. The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
  • Valid resident or permanent resident card.
  • Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa, which should be printed out).
  • Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan.
  1. The applicant possesses a visa or resident card issued by R.O.C. (Taiwan) over the last 10 years and has had no evidence of past immigration irregularities or violations in Taiwan. However, holders of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) visas bearing a remark of “FL” (foreign labor) or “X” (others) and resident cards with the purpose of “Foreign Labor” are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.


  • Application can only be applied individually. No group or family filing will be accepted nor acknowledged.
  • An approved ROC Travel Authorization Certificate is valid for 90 days. Multiple entries within these 90 days are allowed. The holder of an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate may stay in Taiwan for 30 days, starting from the day after arrival. If the holder wishes to apply for another ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, he or she must do so seven days prior to the expiry of the current certificate.
  • If any mistake is made during the online application process, the applicant may submit a new application.
  • Online applications can only be made by persons holding valid regular passports. Persons holding temporary, emergency, or informal passports, or travel documents other than a passport, cannot submit online applications.
  • The visas in the aforementioned list of required documents do not include work permits.
  • Holders of the aforementioned visas bearing a stamp of VOID, CANCELLED or CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
  • Holders of resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years have to check that the validity date of documents should be less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan. If there is no validity date on documents, please check issue date.
  • Applicants who hold permanent resident cards with no expiry date may enter 9999 for year, 12 for month and 31 for day in the Date field.
  • Once the application has been approved, the applicant is kindly requested to print out the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan. Entry will be denied if the required documents are not produced.
  • Nationals of Indonesia who possess a valid Japan Visa Waiver Registration are eligible for an R.O.C. Travel Authorization Certificate.
  • For questions in regard to application, please contact the R.O.C.(Taiwan) National Immigration Agency at Tel:(+886-2)2388-9393 ext. 2423

Save on your hotel -

How to apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate Online

In our case, we have two valid entry VISAs that we may use… An unused multiple entry US VISA (expiring on 2026) and a used multiple entry Korea VISA (expiring on 2018). In getting a certificate, we preferred to use our Korea VISA.

Read: Korean VISA Guide : How my wife and I got Multiple Entry for 3 years

US VISA for Filipinos: How we got our Multiple Entry VISAs, Tips and more

It’s fairly simple to apply for a R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate. I’ll show you how in these simple steps:

1) Go to this link –

2) Select your preferred language, click next.

Taiwan Certificate - Step1

3) Next screen is the process flowchart of the certificate. This is FYI so after you’ve understood it, please click the Next button.

Taiwan Certificate - Step24) Next is the requirements for the certificate and who are eligible. It is the same with the requirements I posted above. Click next if you met the requirements.

Taiwan Certificate - Requirements

5) Ok, so this is your personal information part. There are some fields I want to highlight here.

Taiwan Certificate - Personal Details

Nil – Check this only if you don’t have an email. Who here doesn’t have an email? Well if you don’t have one up until now in this Age of Information (even my 90 year-old grandpa has one – he even has a Facebook account!) then check this.

Special Requirements:

Choose what you have; a resident card or an Entry VISA. Since we used our Korea VISA, we chose Entry VISA, then ‘Korea’ from the Country dropdown field.

For the number field, it is the one indicated in the upper right corner. Please note that you should enter all the characters here including the 4 numbers below the ‘PH’ number.

So for example, the number is:



Enter: PH12345671234

See below for pic.

Korea VISA

My Korea VISA. Highlighted in red is where the control number is at.

6) Next is the final validation of your information before you hit the Submit button. If everything is fine, enter the Validation code shown to you (not the one shown below, that’s mine) then click Submit.

Taiwan Certificate - Step5

7) Immediately click the Print button to print the certificate. As far as I recall, system would automatically download a PDF of the certificate but if not, then click Print and save it to PDF if you don’t have access to a printer right now.

Taiwan Certificate - Step6

So that’s it! Easy-peasy! The certificate will be valid for 90 days for multiple entries in Taiwan and may stay in Taiwan for 30 days. Sweet move by the government of Taiwan to boost their Tourism! No more hefty VISA fees for eligible travelers! A win-win for both Taiwan and travelers I must say. Air Asia even opened a new route from Manila to Taipei but we booked ours from Cebu Pacific 😛 Let’s go to Taiwan!

Click here for our Taiwan 2D2N DIY budget travel guide for 10K pesos each. Explore tours and activities in Klook here.

Where to stay in Taiwan?

Check our review of Hey Bear Capsule hotel here or book directly in Agoda. A bed in a mixed dorm cost only around P500 per person per night.

Check out these accommodations too:
Taipei Sunny Hostel
Taiwan Youth Hostel & Capsule Hotel
Next Taipei Hostel-Ximending

Or search and compare prices of accommodations in Taipei here


He is a programmer by profession but has a soul of a traveler. Aside from his ultimate dream of travelling around the world, he loves to eat, drink, listen to music, talk about aliens and the occasional secret guilty pleasure of singing love songs in videoke. His favorite superpower is to teleport from one place to another. I guess you know why.

  • mikee

    sir ill be waiting for your itinerary! going solo to taiwan on june hehe! thanks sir! have fun and enjoy taiwan!

  • Verna Villo

    Hi! I’d like to ask if I can apply for a certificate using my expired single entry Korean visa?

    • Hi Verna,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes. See below:

      Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan

      • Verna Villo

        Thanks for replying! Just wanted to make it clear, I’m not sure about the resident card or visa that, but does that cover tourist visa? Sorry I get confused on that part. Thanks again!

  • Uno

    Hi, I have a Single Entry Korean Tourist Visa which was used last October 2016. Can I still use that to apply for Travel Authorization Certificate? Although I tried to apply online already.

    Regarding on Visa Number, I encoded the large red font 8 digit on the second line (beside bdate and sex), and based on your post I provided a different. Do I need to apply for a new one or no need?

    • Hi Uno,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes you can use that.

      Yes, you can apply for a new one and put the control number that is highlighted in my pic above. hth

      • Uno

        Thank you sir.

  • Pingback: Taiwan DIY Budget Travel Guide 2D2N - The Travel Debugger()

  • goldiemari

    Hi! May I ask if there is a need to secure Bank cert, COE and ITR along with the travel authorization certificate? I’ll be using my old korean visa (single entry) last Oct. 2016 for my Taiwan trip sana this year.
    Thanks Sir in advance! 🙂

  • Pingback: Hey Bear Capsule Hotel Review - New Taipei City - The Travel Debugger()


    Hi Sir,

    I was issued a Single Entry Korean Visa that expires on May 2, 2017. I used it na last Feb 21. pwede ba yun? our travel date to Taiwan is on April 27, 2017 po. Thank you sir

    • Hi Raymond,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes pwede pa.

      • dyane mayuyo

        HI sir.. gudpm.. ask ko lang po kung ang passenger is nawala po ung ROC Travel Authorization Cert nia sa Taiwan, Filipino passport po sya, pgdating po ba sa airport ng taiwan pra po magexit hindi na po ba hahanapin sa immigration ung ROC nia?

        • Hi Dyane,

          Thanks for visiting!

          As far as I recall, di naman hinanap samin. May tatak na naman yun passport ng entry nya so all good na yun.

          • dyane mayuyo

            Thank you po Sir. last question po sir, kung nawala po ung una nia ROC Travel cert, kukuha po ba sya ulet ng panibago at mgfifill up po ulet through

          • Kung wala pa sya sa Taiwan nun nawala un Travel cert, pwede naman kumuha at magprint ulet.

          • dyane mayuyo

            sir, sensya na po ha.. sa Taiwan po kasi nawala ung Travel Cert paexit na po siya this may12, nadi po ba hahanapin sa immigration ng Taiwan or need na lng po nia ulet mgfill up ng form at mgprint ng bago? Hindi po ba un nareretrieve ung unang issued na Travel Cert then print out na lng po ng bago?

          • No need mag fill up ulet… as far as I recall di naman hiningi samin,,, if ever hingin man, may mga computer ata sila dun na pwede ka mag fill up ng form.

  • jdbts

    Hello. How about yung Taiwan visa ko last January? Pwede ba travel authorization certificate na lang kukunin ko? Will visit this October ulit kase e. Thanks 🙂

    • Hi jdbts,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Sorry but I don’t know the answer since there was no mention of Taiwan visa above. Maybe you can apply for an e-visa instead but you have to pay again. hth

  • April Apple Reid

    HI sir para sa roc certificaten pwd po ba reserved plane ticket?thanks

  • April Apple Reid

    HI sir para sa ROC certificate pwd po ba reserve plane ticket muna?

  • April Apple Reid

    Hello sir! One of the requirements po for ROC is a plane ticket pwd po ba reserved ticket muna? Thanks sir!

    • Hi April,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yep pwede naman siguro. Just have a return/onward ticket to show in the Immigration.

      • April Apple Reid

        Thanks po sir. Meron na po akong travel cert ito na po ang ipapakita sa immigration? Or do I need to go pa po sa embassy? Salamat po

        • Yan na po yun 🙂 Don’t forget to bring the passport that has the VISA stamp.

  • Pingback: Taiwan Food Trip - What and where to eat - The Travel Debugger()

  • jamie

    hi your blog is really helpful,i saved actually. But as today, im having difficulties in filling up the form. im using my US visa, in the number part, what should i fill it in? its a bit tricky, hope you can help me with this.

  • Kat Padlan Sayo

    Ok lang po gamitin USA J1 visa expired 2013?

    • Hi Kat,

      Thanks for visiting!

      I’m not really sure. Can you please call the Taiwan embassy to confirm? I don’t want to advice something I’m not really sure of.

  • Denisyabel


    May I just ask if we still need this certificate? We’ll be flying on July 2017 and there’s already news that by June 2017, we are already visa free.

    Thank you so Much.

    • Hi Denisyabel,

      Thanks for visiting!

      No need na, visa free na tayo hehe… Update ko rin tong blog. Thanks!

      • Denisyabel

        Hahaha thank you rin po!

        I was reading your blog and it was worth it. One last thing po. Malayo po ba yung Hey Bear Capsule hotel sa Ximending, Shiilin, etc yung around Taipei city proper po. Thanks so much po.

        • Di sya malayo… malapit lapit lang siya sa mga places na yan especially the red subway line where most of the key places are.

  • Gorgeous 25

    ano po ung Visa stamp?thanks

  • Gorgeous 25

    i have already na po yang certificate online po, pwde na po ba magpabook ng flight wala na po ba need na documents?

    • Yes pwede na. When will you travel to Taiwan? Starting June, we can now enter Taiwan Visa Free.

      • Gorgeous 25

        2nd week of May sir, ung hotel need po ba magpabook na hhnapin po ba ng immigration kung san hotel 22loy? thanks again

        • Di naman kami hinanapan though nagbook na kami before ng flight namin. Much better if you’ll book na rin prior to your flight.

          • Gorgeous 25

            May husband kasi ako sir na nagwowork sa taiwan at sya ang kukuha ng hotel pag dating ko dun

          • Ah ok lang yun… Pag tinanong ka na lang, sabihin mo n ln ganun ang situation.

      • Gorgeous 25

        sir hanggang kelan po valid gumamit ng TAC? kung hindi matuloy ang visa-free plan ko po uli bumlik by september.

        • 3 months valid starting from the day you acquired the certificate. Nakalagay yun sa print out

      • Gorgeous 25

        or kung ngamit na ang TAC sir at hindi pa expire wala pang 3months pwde ko ba ulit gamitin pabalik taiwan o aapply na ko ulit ng bgo online?

  • Joan Parrocho

    hi sr. i would like to as first time traveler po ako sa taiwan. since visa free na po sila by june 2017 does except for passport and roundtrip ticket anu pa ba ung need ko na e comply?

    • Hi Joan,

      Ok na yun. Pero will it be your first time out of the country?

      • Joan Parrocho

        no its not ive been to hk singapore and malaysia.

      • Joan Parrocho

        so traveling to taiwan is just the same like hk and singa na lng poh bah..i dont need to apply anything online?

      • Joan Parrocho

        so traveling to taiwan is just the same like hk and singa na lng poh bah..i dont need to apply anything online?

  • Ludwika Patricia Razalie

    hi. how if my Korea Visa in a single-entry visa? can i still apply for TAC? thank you 🙂

  • Grethel May Laurente

    hello sir!

    Tumawag po ako sa TECO-Phil. ang sabi hindi pa din daw po sure or yung exact date ng june kung kelan daw po talaga yung visa free.

    june 04 ang flight ko.. so, ang sabi mag wait lang daw po ako tas tawag tawag lang daw po.

    ano po ba yung totoo sir? hehe

    salamat po.

    • Hi Grethel,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Well that’s weird. It says in their website that the visa exemption for a trial period of one year will start on June 1, 2017?

      “2. A visa exemption trial program will be introduced for Philippine nationals for a period of one year.”

      But yep, try to call them after a week or so and check.

      • Grethel May Laurente

        Hi Sir,

        tumawag po kame ulit kahapon.. hindi pa daw po official yun.. so mag apply pa din daw po kame ng Visa…

        • Hi Grethel,

          Ok thanks for sharing! Kuha ka na lang VISA or etong authorization certificate if qualified para sure.

  • Andressa Niña

    Hi! Thanks for the informative post. I’m planning on applying for a travel authorization certificate, and I was wondering how long it would take before the details I entered will get approved. Like, should I just stay on the webpage and wait? How long does the entire process take, more or less?

    • Hi Andressa,

      Thanks for visiting!

      In step 6 above, after clicking submit, your details will be validated then you can already print your certificate immediately.

      It would only take you about 10 minutes to do this.

      • Andressa Niña

        Thanks for your prompt response! How about the validation code? When/where does it appear?

        • The authorization number will appear in the printout

          • Andressa Niña

            Thanks so much for answering my queries. Appreciate it. Happy travels!

  • Portia Evonne Oreiro

    Hi, thanks for the post. I would like to ask few questions in applying for travel authorization certificate.
    1. What if my expired visa was in my old passport can I still use it? (Because I recently renewed my passport).
    2. My korean visa is still valid at the moment, but on the day of our flight at the end of june 2017, it will be expired, will that be okay?
    3. Can we apply for TAC a week before our flight?

    Thank you very much. 😀

  • Mai Yu Escalona

    Hi, i printed out my ROC Certificate, thanks so much for the helpful blog by the way. but it says RESIDENTS FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA SHOULD FIRST RECEIVE AN ONLINE CHECK IF APPLYING THROUGH THE INTERNET. how do i do that? also my printout says approved. is this it?

    • Hi Mai,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yep that’s it. The printout should include the authorization number, expiry date, entry type, etc.

  • Lollie Erina Vismonte

    Hi there!

    I came across your blog. I’m going to Taiwan this July with a friend. I have an expired Korean Visa, like a year ago. I will use it in applying for TAC. My question is, after clicking the Submit button, you were automatically approved? You didn’t have to wait for a couple of days? If so, I will just have the TAC presented to our immigration and the other documents required? Thanks!

    • Hi Lollie,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, after clicking submit, it was approved and ready to be printed.
      Yes present the TAC and the passport that has your Korean VISA.

  • Rajiv Kipli

    good day sir,

    Question ko lang po I applied for TAC yesterday using my expired J1 visa 2010. pasok parin naman sa 10 years na requirements nila, Hindi po ba ako magkaka problem pagdating nang araw?

    • Hi Rajiv,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Tulad ng anong problem po? Di naman siguro… pasok naman yun J1 Visa mo as valid entry visa sa US d ba? Mukhang ok naman yan.

      • Rajiv Kipli

        like baka hindi kami papasukin,pero yes sir valid entry visa siya for almost a year hahah feeling paranoid lang kasi sir. Thank you 😀

  • Carlo Buonarroti

    Good day Travel Debugger!
    I have a question with regard to TAC, I just got my TAC today and it’ll expire on 08/30/2017. Never have I thought that my flight will arrive in Taipei in 09/01/2017. Is it OK to apply for another TAC or I have to wait for this TAC to expire which I’m mid-air en route to Taipei? Thank you and hope to hear from you very soon.
    Thank you,
    The Lone Traveler

    • Hi Carlo,

      Thanks for visiting!

      I suggest to get a new one around a month before your flight.

  • Erwin Amano

    Hi applied for roc yesterday and it got approved but i don’t have access to printer? How do i retrieve it? Ok lang b ireprocess??

    • Hi Erwin,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes re-process mo na lang… If you don’t have access to a printer at the moment, pwede mong save as PDF na lang muna.

      • Erwin Amano

        Thanks i was able to send a copy to my email

  • Dixie

    hi! I have a question. I read all the infos and blogs but I just wanna make sure. Can I use my expired JAPAN TOURIST visa(used and expired last year) to get a TAC??
    Thank you so much. Your blog is so helpful

    • Hi Dixie,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, you can use your expired Japan Visa.

      • Dixie

        thanks so much for the reply. May isa pa po ako question. I applied my parents’ TAC using their Korean tourist visa. Pero sa Korean visa po ay hindi nila nilagay ang middle name ng parents ko(But in the application, I did). Sa TAC po ay nakalagay ang middle names as shown in the passport. OK lang po kaya un? Should I make another one TAC without the middle names? Thank you

        • Hi Dixie,

          Ok lang yun. Basta importante kung ano un name nila sa passport

          • Dixie

            thank you so much!!! you’re so so helpful! Godbless po

  • Jeneffer Chico Sison

    Hi Sir.Ask ko lng po sna,ksi nag apply ako ng E-Visa Online apprived nman.Ngaun po kailangan ko po ba mag provide sa Taiwan Immigration ng details kung saan ako mag stay sa Taiwan?Thank you po.:)

    • Hi Jeneffer,

      Thanks for visiting!

      I can’t remember if we wrote the name of our accommodation in the arrival card but upon checking here, yes, it looks like it is required:

      You can put a name of the hotel/hostel/guesthouse in Taiwan even if you’re not booked with them yet. Just know the details like their address, email and phone number.

      • Jeneffer Chico Sison

        Thank you so much Sir.God bless:)

  • Jeneffer Chico Sison

    Hi Sir,
    The arrival card can be fill up while I’m in the plane po right?

  • Giselle Rapanut

    Hi, For thr Contact phone, we will use our mobile number or the hotel’s phonr number. Thank You!

    • Hi Giselle,

      Thanks for visiting!

      It is your mobile number.

      • Giselle Rapanut

        Thank You! 🙂

  • Nicole

    Hi, Travel Debugger! We’re so lucky to see your blog post before applying for the P2k-Taiwan visa!

    Some questions though, is an expired visa still a valid visa? I used my one-entry Korean visa from November, and naprapraning ako if baka di ako papasukin ng Taiwan haha. Thanks a lot!

    • Hi Nicole,

      Thanks for visiting! Yes pwede pa yan…

      • Nicole

        Yay! Thank you so much! Your blog has helpful contents!

  • Henry Rafael Seita Diaz

    Can I use my used expired Japan Visa for this? 🙁 Thanks you

    • Hi Henry,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes as long as it’s not 10 years expired.

  • Victor Glion

    can one person apply for a travel cert to ROC for the group? how about the infant, who will apply for the travel doc.

    • Hi Victor,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, the person just have to have the passport details with him/her including the infant’s. It’s just like encoding someone’s personal details. I did it for my wife.

      • abyssal_bliss

        hi, our baby doesn’t have the requisite visa from other countries that I and my partner have because she’s just 1 year 4 months and our visas are 2 years old. do we need to apply for a visa for our babies or is she eligible for the TAC by virtue of us parents meeting the TAC requirements.
        appreciate your prompt response.

        • Hi Abyssal,

          Thanks for visiting!

          Based from the requirements, there was no mention of dependents being eligible too. I think you must get your baby a separate e-visa. You can always call the embassy to further confirm 🙂

  • Gigi

    hello! is there a specific paper size to print the taiwan e-visa?

  • Anne

    Hi po, ask lang ako i try to apply for TAC since i have my last taiwan visa kaya ayun ang ginamit ko.. pero once na isubmit ko na , ang lumalabas po “please check with local mission taiwan roc. 2009” pano kaya yun? please check po.. 🙁

    • Anne
    • Anne
      • Jhan Phillip Co

        i’m having the same issue with my athlete’s application! 🙁

      • Hi Anne,

        Thanks for visiting!

        You mean you used your Taiwan VISA to apply for TAC? I think hindi siya counted dito sa TAC. Eto yun pwde:

        In addition, the applicant must possess at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:

        Valid resident or permanent resident card
        Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)
        Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan

        • Anne

          Ganun ba? e bakit yung mga ka work ko po.. using their old Taiwan visa, nkpgsumit sila sa site na yan, nkaalis po sila nung june..

        • Anne

          Ganun po ba? bakit ung mga ka work ko po using their old taiwan visa , na approve sila sa TAC then nkaalis sila ng last June.. 🙁

          • Hi Anne,

            Sorry, my mistake. I just checked ROC’s official site and yes, valid ang previously issued Taiwan VISA. I’m just not sure why you got that error.

            Can you use this site on applying instead:


          • Anne

            thanks i will try nlng ulit .. :'(

          • JC

            Hi i have the same problem, ano po yun ginawa niyo?
            Nakakuha ka na po ba? 🙂

  • Cheska Tuazon

    Hi would just like to verify the link that is provided in your blog because I’ve used it to get my ROC Travel Certificate and there is an alternative site: , are they the same? Also, do we need to fill up the Online Arrival card upon first entry to taiwan?

    Thank you.

  • Ryan Angeles

    Hi! Ask ko lang if ano yung news na papayagan pa lang sa Sept 2017 yung travel free visa? Pwede naman gamitin yung TAC diba kahit sa Sept 2017 pa magsstart yung travel free visa? Napansin ko kasi marami gumamit ng TAC dito sa comments mga days ago pa lang. Naprapraning lang ako baka di papasukin sa taiwan. Haha

    Then 2nd question ko, dun sa TAC napansin ko na may difference yung english and filipino language. Sa english hinihingu yung flight details, sa filipino, hindi. Ginamit ko kasi filipino e, ok lang naman yun dba?

    Thanks traveldebugger!

    • Hi Ryan,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, kung eligible ka pwede kang gumamit ng TAC.. Sabi nila sa Sept pa raw mag te-take effect… Wala pa atang official date.

      Hmm, might as well use the English one para sure.

  • John Alarca

    Hi! My travel certificate got accepted pero my sister’s wasn’t. We believe it’s because she was denied an entry visa to Greece, a schengen country. Do we call their embassy as the website suggests? Or should we just proceed getting her an online visa?

    • Hi John,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, I do suggest to call them. If not successful then just get an e-visa.

  • Sharla Tungol

    Hi, what other documents should be presented other than the TAC and Passport (e.g. Bank Certificate, COE, NSO Birth Certificate)? Thanks!

    • Hi Sharla,

      Thanks for visiting!

      No need for those documents. TAC and passport only (with the VISA stamp of your chosen country in the special requirements stated above in the form).

      • Sharla Tungol

        Great! Thank you so much! 🙂

      • Sharla Tungol

        Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa, which should be printed out).

        – Scan copy will do?

  • JC

    I’m having problems with acquiring a TAC, same as one of the commenters below. It also said to “Please check with local mission of ROC (Taiwan)” I was just wondering, if I were to get an e-Visa. Can I use that e-Visa to obtain a TAC the next time I need it? I’m going to Taiwan on July and August. Thank you 🙂

  • Donna Florendo

    Hi, just to be sure basta po may entry visa (tourist visa) sa NZ pwede po kumuha ng certificate and multiple entry sya ng 90 days? Thanks!

    • Yes multiple entry for 90 days.

      • Donna Florendo

        Thank you! I didn’t realize I posted three same damn question sa blog nyo. God bless!

  • Ann Takaw

    Hello! 🙂 How long is the processing of TAC?

    Will apply for a Korean visa on Monday and will know pa lang by July 31 if approved or not. If approved, on July 31 pa lang ako makakapag-apply ng TAC. Flying to Taipei on August 2. Abot kaya ‘yung TAC ko?

    My trip to Korea’s on September pa. 🙁

    Thanks a lot!

    • Hi Ann,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes abot yan… Mapiprint mo na agad yun TAC after clicking submit in the instructions above.

  • Peanutz Tev

    hi… i have a concern… ng change na ako ng new passport … is it still okay? kasi ung visa ko sa japan 6 years ago nasa old passport ko? ano bang ilalagay ko na passport number. ang new passport number or ang old passport number kung saan nakalagay ung visa ko sa japan expired na for less than 6 years na… tama ba ang pagkakaintindi ko na okay pa din ung visa kahit nga expired na less than 6 years? at ano ilalagay ko sa application for travel cert.. new number ng passport ko or old number ng passport ko… thanks pls help..

    • Hi Peanutz,

      Thanks for visiting!

      New number ng passport mo lalagay mo pati expiry date.
      Yes kahit expired na for 6 years

      • Peanutz Tev

        thank you soo much… 🙂 last question po.. pag ng apply ako ng travel certificate… ilang days po ako maghihintag bakgo po e approve? thank you po.. 🙂

        • Pag click mo ng submit, mapiprint mo na agad yun.
          Di mo need mag book agad ng hotel/hostel in advance. Di nila hahanapin yun… Pero minsan sa Immigration dito sa Pinas hinahanap pero napakadalang… usually sa mga first time magabroad baka hanapin…
          pwede ka naman mag book ng mga hostel na walang downpayment at may free cancellation.

          • Peanutz Tev

            ah i see…. salamat po…so okay lang na di e sulatan ung hotel name sa online form for Travel cert ? kasi nakalagay doon resident address or hotel name… worried lang ako baka hanapin.. hehhe nilagyan mo ba ng pangalan ng hotel yung sa online form?.. nasa vietnam ako now so from vietnam punta ako ng taiwan for vacation…..

          • Lagay ka lang ng Hotel na located sa Taipei, like yun Hey Bear Capsule Hostel kahit di ka pa booked ok lang yun. Sabihin mo lang dun magwo-walk in ka lang dun…

            May advanced booking kami sa Hey Bear kaya ayun nilagay ko

          • Peanutz Tev

            sige po salamat po sa info po. 🙂 malaking tulong po.

  • Maria Henella Torculas Golocin

    can i still use my expired E-visa to obtain TAC? thank you

    • Hi Maria,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, as per new rules pwede.

      • Maria Henella Torculas Golocin

        I think I made a mistake… i was approved with TAC but the thing is, instead of my eVISA number i put my application number, can you help me? should I apply for a new TAC?

        • Yes, just apply for a new TAC and print it

          • Maria Henella Torculas Golocin

            Thank you and Godbless

  • dan


    Ask ko lang if may TAC ako then I need to fill up the arrival card, do I have to write the details of my TAC since ang nakita ko lang dun sa card is Entry Permit/Visa No.?

    Thank you for this very informative post, by the way.

    • Hi dan,

      Thanks for visiting!

      You have to write the authorization number indicated in your TAC there.

  • Mai Yu Escalona

    Hi under flight number do i put my flight TO taiwan, or my return flight to the philippines? sorry supper bobo question hahahaha just don’t want to make a mistake

  • Dianne Alarca

    What to do if the immigration officer did not takr our arrival card? Do we call ?

    • Hi Dianne,

      Thanks for visiting!

      As far as I recall, they took our arrival card. I’m wondering why aren’t they taking your cards because someone also asked me this. It should be their copy.

      • Khayz Medina

        Hi! About TAC po,anong ifill up dun sa part ng visa type? ‘Visa exempt’ po ba? And ung sa enrtry/visa # ung TAC autorization nmn po ba or ung Japan visa number ko? Kailangan ko po ba iprint yun or pwede na soft copy? Thank you! 🙂

        • Hi Khayz.

          Yun Special Requirements ba yun tinutukoy mo sa VISA type? Entry VISA yun since Tourist VISA sa Japan meron ka I assume?

          Dun sa VISA #, un sa Japan VISA number mo yan.

          Better do both.. print hard copy and save soft copy.

          • Khayz Medina

            Upon completion po ng arrival form, may question dun na type of visa. Naconfuse po ako kung ‘visitor’ or ‘visa exempt’ ung pipiliin ko.

            Thank you 🙂

          • Hi,

            Visitor na lang piliin mo. 🙂

          • Khayz Medina

            Thank you 🙂

          • Khayz Medina

            Hi! I tried to apply for online arrival card, after submission wala nmn lumabas na link or something. Application succesfull lng. Wala ba talaga un ipiprint? Thanks!

          • Hi… Sorry, di kasi kami nag apply ng online arrival card… so wala din ako idea pag yun sinubmit mo na… dun lang kami nag fill-up sa plane when we’re about to land in Taiwan.

    • Baka kaya di na nila kinukuha kasi un details sa arrival card eh andun na din sa TAC…

  • Janina Camille Vargas

    Hi! I recently applied for a TAC but the downloaded file got corrupted (I don’t know why). I emailed the consulate about this but so far, no reply yet. Do you think it’s okay to just re-apply for a new one? Thanks.

  • denisemejong

    Hello, for the entry visa is it okay if i already used it and its already expired? Or it should be a valid and unused entry visa?

    • Hi Denise,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes as long as it expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan.

  • Karen Relampagos

    Hi, The Travel Debugger –

    I have an existing Taiwan Travel Certificate which will expire on August 15, 2017. However, I will be traveling to Taiwan on August 24, 2017 due to change of schedule. I tried applying now, but I still got the same Travel Certificate. Will I wait for the expiry of my existing Travel Certificate?

    Hoping to get a response from you
    Thank you in advance

    • Hi Karen,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes, just wait for it to expire then apply for a new one.

  • Dayo Suki

    I’m planning to go to Taiwan next month and I wish to apply for TAC. I have an expired Japan visa (temporary visitor) and current (valid) Japan work visa. Is work visa valid as a required document for TAC? If not, should I use/submit my expired visa instead? Thanks.

    • Hi Dayo,

      Thanks for visiting!

      I’m not sure with the work visa, but I suggest you use the expired Japan tourist visa instead.

  • Tip

    Hi! I’m planning to go next month. I already have my TAC. Do I need to do anything else? You said that “Once the application has been approved, the applicant is kindly requested to print out the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan. Entry will be denied if the required documents are not produced.”

    I will just present TAC upon arrival in Taiwan? No need to show it here in the Philippines before departure?

    Thanks in advance!

    • Hi Tip,

      Thanks for visiting!

      You need to bring the TAC then your passport that includes the VISA stamp of the country you entered in the TAC.

      No need to show it here in the Philippines but if they ask you, then show it.

      • Tip

        Thanks! So TAC + passport that includes the VISA stamp of the country I entered in the TAC. No other documents needed, right? 🙂

  • Edgar Briones Bernardez

    hi, ask ko lang po yung sa contact number na hinihingi sa TAC, yung contact number ko po ba yun or yung sa hotel sa taiwan

    • Hi Edgar,

      As far as I recall, contact number ko nilagay ko.

      • Edgar

        hello po ulit, na approved na po ako ng TAC, yung arrival card naman po ang problema ko po, san ko po yun makukuha, di po ba sa airport na tayo mag fill up nun, or need po ba yun online arrival card

        • Yup sa airport or sa plane pero pwede din dito online though di namin natry:

          • Edgar

            hi again, im using a travel authorization cert visiting taiwan again. got confused with my arrival card. ilagay ko ba sa visa type: OTHER, tapos sa Entry permit/Visa Number: yung Authorization certificate ko?

          • Hi,

            Visa Type – lagay mo visitor
            Entry permit/visa number – Lagay mo yun authorization number ng TAC mo.

  • dianeliciousss

    *flight/ vessel no. – yung flight number lang po ba papunta ilalagay ilalagay din yung pauwi? ex. 5F123/5F124
    *purpose of travel – sightseeing means tourism po ? confuse lang pwede kasing “other”
    *contact phone no. – sakin po ? hindi yung contact no. ng hotel ?

    thank you po.

    • Hi Diane,

      Flight/vessel no. – yun papunta lang
      Purpose of travel – sightseeing
      contact number – ang alam ko nilagay ko dyan un contact number ko

  • Grace

    Hi ask lang ako.. ngsecure ako ng TAC using my existing Korean Visa din unfortunately, hindi ko na include ang ang last 4 digits sa korean visa yung sa 2nd line… what to do po?:(

  • Frisky Luna

    Hello! I have an unused us 10 year visa and I was approved of the online e visa thing. My worry is since my us visa is still unused, would that be an issue? Any one who had the same issue(more of scenario I guess)


    • Hi Frisky,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Pwede yan kahit unused. Valid entry visa naman yan.

  • Edgar

    hello po ulit, na approved na po ako ng TAC, yung arrival card naman po ang problema ko po, san ko po yun makukuha, di po ba sa airport na tayo mag fill up nun, or need po ba yun online arrival card

    • Gorgeous 25

      same tayo paano ang ginawa mo?

    • Sy

      sa airport na yun XD

  • Ronnie Hi I tried applying for a TAC but it tells me that I should still apply for a visa, I have a taiwan visa last year which should still make me eligible right? Would you know why this is 🙁

    • Hi,

      Sorry I have no idea. Kindly contact the embassy.

    • Jem Rañoa

      Hi I just applied for free Taiwan visa (TAC) today using my used and expired Taiwan (ROC) visa 2013 and it was approved right away. Baka may mali lang na type? Try mo ulit.

  • kEndipot

    Hi. Ung given name po ba na ilalagay sa taiwan visa included ung Middle Name?
    Kasi sa US Visa na gagamitin ko, ung given name, kasama pati middle name ko.

    • Hi Kendipot,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Kahit yun name mo lang

      • kEndipot

        Hi Thanks! pero magkkaproblema ba kung nailagay pati middle name? nkapagfill up na kasi friend ko, thankyou

  • Jem Rañoa

    Hi thanks for this post. Can you help me with this part?

    The applicant possesses a visa or resident card issued by R.O.C. (Taiwan) over the last 10 years and has had no evidence of past immigration irregularities or violations in Taiwan. However, holders of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) visas bearing a remark of “FL” (foreign labor) or “X” (others) and resident cards with the purpose of “Foreign Labor” are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.

    -Ibig sabihin ba nito kapag meron kang expired entry visa to Taiwan issued within 10 years, eligible din for free visa certificate? Please help me clarify this because I have expired Taiwan visa. Thanks

    • Hi Jem,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Sorry, I’ve been busy. Glad you were approved and yes, you can use your expired Taiwan Visa as long as it expired 10yrs prior to travel to Taiwan.

    • Ghem A. Faltado

      Hi Miss, Jem kindly help me for my Free Visa entry to taiwan, i already have my visa entry last 3 yrs ago in ROC Taiwan, but it’s still denied pls. help me thanks.

  • john ryan anyayahan

    Hi po.applying for free taiwan visa.. ok nman po yung basic requirements… pero wla po aq mailagay na other visa na hinahanap nila.. first time po to travel… hope u can help me

    • kymeechee

      owww, I think you’re not eligible for the Visa-free Entry… you need to have atleast 1 of the ff. visa (USA, CANADA, ENGLAND, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, KOREA, SCHENGEN) in order to be eligibile. Maybe you can apply for the e-Visa.

      Follow this link:

  • nomadsk

    Hello! I just want to ask if it is necessary to fill-up an online arrival card? I already have my TAC. Thank you po.

    • Hi nomad,

      Thanks for visiting!

      We didn’t fill up an online arrival card when we went to Taiwan last Feb. I don’t think it’s required.

      • nomadsk

        Thank you very much for the reply.

  • Aurora


    Question po. My husband is a filipino citizen currently working in kuwait with residency permit. We have a used entry visa from france. Is he still eligible for the visa free travel authorization even if he’s living out of the country? Dito po kami manggaling pareho sa philippines going to taiwan.

    Thanks in advance :))

    • Hi Aurora,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Philippine passport pa rin ba siya? Pero yes pwede Schengen visa.

  • Ghem A. Faltado

    Please help me regarding sa pag fill up ng online application for FREE VISA entry, i already have my entry visa in ROC Taiwan, that was 3 years ago, but my application is still denied pls help me.

  • Kram Oziled

    ask lng po.
    kelngan po b pg mgapply ng free visa is dpt meron k ng flight details? hnd pwd wla muna?

    • Hi Kram,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Pwede naman pero dapat un ilalagay mo na flight details dun is the same dun sa boarding pass mo. If not baka maquestion.

      Anyways, malapit na visa free sa Taiwan for Filipinos so you might not need this TAC. Depends kung kelan flight mo, wala pa kasing announced na date kung kelan visa free

  • Naly

    Hi, the TAC is automatically approved? No waiting time? Right after you input all information completely, it can be printed right away for use?

    I am planning to fill up the application tonight or on monday but flying on friday or Saturday so roughly a week from now. I have valid schenggen visa which i will use.

    Looking forward to hear from u. Thanks!

    • Hi Naly,

      Thanks for visiting!

      Yes it can be printed immediately upon submit.

      • Naly

        Thanks for your prompt reply! Awesome! 🙂

      • Kram Oziled

        hello po dugtungan ko lng po question nya.
        approved n po ako pra s free visa. kaso hnd ko po nprint, pano ko po xa maaccess ule pra mprint un certificate.?

  • Kram Oziled

    ngapply n po ako online pra s free visa. approved n xa. pero hnd ko po nprint. tapos ngtry ako iback un page kaso nwla n. ask ko lng po pano ko mpprint un certificate or san ako pwd magaccess ule pra mprint ko certificate?

  • Francis John Lim


    sample lng po december 17 po kukunin ko flight, mga ilang days or weeks ako dapat magaapply ng TAC?

  • Anna Quitallas-Lewis

    Hello! Thank you for this blog post. It’s vert helpful. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping you can answer.

    I am a Filipino citizen green card holder. My green card has my married name na, but my passport still has my maiden name (it still has 2 years validity). Do you know if I should use my name on my green card or passport (i used my maiden/passport name for my plane tickets) when applying for TAC.

    Thanls a bunch!